Kinesiology at North 49 Physical Therapy
The benefits of active one-on-one therapy are well known across the healthcare industry, and many health care providers are collaborating with kinesiologists to provide the best outcomes for their patients.
- Improve strength, flexibility, balance and endurance
- Chronic disease management (control blood sugars, reduce cholesterol, etc)
- Decrease pain, improve mood and overall well-being
You can get one-on-one training from a certified kinesiologist at North 49 Physical Therapy. We will review of specific goals (short & long term), and develop a plan together to help you reach them.
Book an appointment by calling 306-343-7776
What to expect at your Kinesiology session
Kinesiology Initial Assessment (1 hour) includes:
- One on one training from a certified kinesiologist.
- Review of specific goals (short & long term), create plan to reach goals
- Baseline testing may include (strength, flexibility, range of motion, BMI).
- Education of the principles of exercise (aerobic, stretching & strengthening).
- Program design and/or exercise prescription.
Follow-up appointments (1/2 hour) may be recommended for further education, exercise instruction and progressions.
Kinesiology services are covered by most “Wellness Spending Accounts”
Specific Kinesiology Areas of Focus
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Pulmonary Disease
- Osteopenia & Osteoporosis
- Osteoarthritis & Rheumatoid arthritis
- Depression & Anxiety
- Weight management
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Post-joint replacement
- Neurological conditions (Stroke, Parkinsons,MS)
- Return to activity after cancer treatments
- Ergonomics, Body mechanics & Posture
- Balance, Coordination, Strength, & Flexibility
What is Kinesiology?
Kinesiology is the study of human movement and its components (anatomical, physiological, neurological, biochemical, biomechanical, neuromotor, psychological) in interaction with the environment. The term comes from he Greek work “kinesis” which means “to move”.*
What is a Kinesiologist?
Kinesiologists are a leading health care professional that applies exercise and movement science to promote health and wellbeing. They prevent, manage and rehabilitate injuries; treat illness and chronic disease; restore function, and optimize human performance in the workplace, clinical settings, sport and fitness.*
To book an appointment with our team kinesiologist call 306-343-7776
Learn more about physiotherapy
Have you ever had headaches or dizziness impact your quality of life? With vestibular migraines individuals can unfortunately have a recurring...
Dealing with symptoms of cervicogenic headaches (CGH) can leave a person feeling hopeless as they suffer through the pain. It can also cause them to...
Over the past decade, there has been a significant increase in research published regarding concussions. This information has allowed care providers...